By Tara Bahrampour, Last spring, Frank Turkaly tried to kill himself. A retiree in a Pittsburgh suburb living on disability checks, he was estranged from friends and family, mired in credit card debt and taking medication for depression, cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure. It was not the life he had envisioned as a young […]
Archive | Mental Health RSS feed for this section
Samantha Madhosingh, Psy.D. Although couples with children have a slightly lowerdivorce rate than childless couples, 40% of married households with children still end in divorce. Divorce is a major life change and is considered the second most stressful life event second only to the death of a spouse. For all family members, it is a […]
…and admission to psychiatric hospitals. Studies have shown that Irish people have higher rates of mental illness than the general population. Both past and recent research suggests that some groups – notably Black Caribbean, Black African and other Black groups – are over-represented in psychiatric hospitals. The high number of African Caribbean people being diagnosed […]
Irish men reported the highest level of common mental disorders (18.4 percent)
This factsheet is targeted at mental health professionals, journalists and students. However, it is also our aim to present mental health statistics in a way which makes the subject accessible to all those who are interested in mental health. How to define ethnicity Ethnic monitoring only became mandatory in publicly funded mental health services in […]
Psychotic illness affects a very small portion of the population – around one person in 200 in the UK. Because of the small numbers, it has been difficult to produce statistics that accurately reflect any differences between ethnic groups. Although the figures below indicate some differences in the prevalence of psychosis, it is important to […]
- Islamic Hadith June 17, 2013
- Children’s Islamic Bedtime Stories 1 June 19, 2013
- What Do We Say?: A Guide to Islamic Manners June 20, 2013
- The Hadith June 17, 2013
- The Translation of the Meanings of Summarized Sahih Al-Bukhari: Arabic-English June 17, 2013
- Kari: 11 of 12 people found the fol...
- ZReviewz: 14 of 15 people found the fol...
- groggy in Seattle: 24 of 26 people found the fol...
- Midwest Book Review: 10 of 10 people found the fol...
- Linda L. Robinett \"Sieglinde\": 20 of 20 people found the fol...